1. Try on silly Prada sunglasses at Saks 5th Avenue with sister. Stick with $5 drugstore shades.
2. Admire beautiful public fountain in mall.
3. Pet a piglet at the farmer’s market.
4. Pick up decorating tips from local cupcake shop. I’ve never seen cupcakes dipped halfway in sprinkles but it looks so chic.
5. Go to a brunch buffet and try everything.
I went to Chicago last weekend, Wisconsin this weekend, and now I’m spending Christmas in Naples, Florida, with my immediate family. In my ten days here I have plans:
- Learn to knit
- Finish Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Get inspired for my wedding
- Start running again
- Enjoy uninterrupted time with my family
- Shop for on-sale summer clothing for my Florida honeymoon next year
- Have a Merry Christmas!
How are you spending the rest of December?
I am considering making my own dessert buffet for my wedding. Originally I was going to hire a bakery to do this, but circumstances have changed and I am now considering what everyone tells brides to avoid: handling an aspect of my wedding on my own.
However, for my high school graduation I made my own dessert buffet and it was a success (pictured above). And honestly, dessert is the aspect of my wedding I care most about. I had it immediately planned the day after I got engaged. We shall see where the road leads, but once an idea like this has crept in its hard to ignore.